VEGAS CUP SCORING
SCORING POINT SYSTEM
The 10-point system will be used for advancement. Teams will be awarded points for qualifying matches based on the following:
Six (6) points for each Win
Three (3) points for each Tie
Zero (0) points for each Loss
One (1) point for each goal scored up to a maximum of three (3) per game
One (1) point for each shut out
A 0-0 tie will be scored as 4 points for each team (3 for tie, 1 for shut out)
*For a forfeited match, the winner will be credited with a 1-0 win and awarded (8) points (six for the win, one for the goal and one for the shut-out). A team abandoned by another team during a match will be awarded at least (8) points. The results of that match shall be based on the score at the time of the abandonment. A minimum of seven (7) players constitutes a game. Games should start at the given start time. In case the team does not have seven (7) players present, there will be a maximum of five (5) minutes grace period before awarding the game to the opponent.
Upon completion of the match, the game card will be given to the Field Marshal. The Coach/Manager is responsible for picking up players passes after each match from the Field Marshals, and signing game card. Scores will be posted at the Tournament Headquarters and on GotSoccer.com upon receipt from the Field Marshal.
In the event of a tie in points at the end of bracket play; the teams to advance will be determined as follows:
1. The winner in head to head competition.
2. Most goals for (Max of 5 goals per game)
3. Fewest goals against
4. Most total wins
5. Most shut outs
6. If a tie still exists after steps 1 through 5, FIFA Penalty Kicks from the Mark will be taken thirty (30) minutes prior to the scheduled start of the appropriate Semi-Final game.
7. If a three-way tie exists within a bracket after steps 1 through 5, a three-way coin flip will be conducted. The teams that tie in the coin flip will compete in FIFA Penalty Kicks from the Mark to eliminate one team prior to proceeding to FIFA Penalty Kicks From the Mark with the third team. The coin flip and time of the FIFA Penalty Kicks will be 30 minutes prior to the Semi-Final games.
8. If ties exist in the determination of a wild card team, criteria 2 through 7 will be applied.
A wild card team will not play a team within their same bracket in the quarterfinals or semi finals; whichever game comes first in the finals rounds. Example: If there is no quarterfinal, then the semis will be the first game in the final rounds. This rule will only apply in the first game in the final rounds.